No-Fee Legal Service
Some of the most rewarding and impactful work I have done as a lawyer does not earn a fee. I have counseled more than one hundred tenants regarding housing rights in this area, and have investigated and resolved claims against slumlords and deceptive property management companies. Without taking any fee, I helped the victim of an online extortion scam have the web page removed, and prompted the FBI to issue a formal alert about online dating extortion scams.
I have also served in formal legal volunteer roles:
- Pro bono volunteer for Eastside Legal Assistance Project (past).
- Rule 9 Legal Supervisor to third year law students representing UW students in a wide variety of legal matters (2015 – Present).
Non-Legal Community Service
Every year since becoming a lawyer I have volunteered my time to local organizations I believe in. We all have ups and downs, challenges and adversity. I believe that helping others is part of what defines a community. Volunteerism is part of my family culture and something I will instill in my children.
- Board Member for Youth and Family Services organization (2009 – 2015).
- Served as Secretary
- Served as Operations Chair.
- Board Member of Yellow Wood Academy, a nationally-accredited K-12 non-profit school offering one-to-one education (2015 – Present)
- Chair of the Board (Present)
Speaking at Yellow Wood Academy Graduation